Monday, November 22, 2010

Does That Make Me Crazy?

"And as he was saying these things in his defense, Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are out of your mind; your great learning is driving you out of your mind.” Acts 26:24

I blatantly walked out of the comedy sketch show I paid $5 for tonight. For one, the olives I bought at the bodega were threatening to leak into my bag and draw too much attention to the contraband they were and two, it absolutely had zero humor worth lending even a nervous laugh towards, let alone the Lincoln bill I had to pay Chase Manhattan Bank two dollars to attain.
No, I will not be introspective and blame it on my age and not understanding kids these days...

I just don't see the punch line in a boyfriend and girlfriend drinking Four Loko, screaming obscenities at one another, and throwing their newborn baby headfirst onto the floor.
Call me uptight.

So I walked by the Chelsea Hotel cursing Upright Citizens Brigade and their no refund policy, where I ran into a transvestite in five inch heels smoking a Virginia Slim. She? obviously needing company was quick to meet my acquaintance.
I simply told her, I was rushing to buy wine, go home, drink a healthy amount and write my blog.
And then the loaded question...

"What's your blog about honey?"

My head spun around once and I told her it was about my saved by grace salvation that keeps me out of foam rooms and loose in the confines of the crazy streets of New York to soak up the ill and experienced.

Is that about right?

No comments:

Post a Comment