Friday, November 19, 2010

Show Must Go On

"The human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?" Proverbs 18:14

Pickled Vegetables from my favorite Vietnamese restaurant had me bowed over in the hair and makeup line in preparation for three overnight shoots with Jim Carey. Stricken with a severe bout of food poisoning, watery eyed, I request to be dismissed from set with breath so toxic, even the most stoic of production assistants would crumble. They oblige.

In bed today, on my second dose of charcoal, I call casting to whimper my ill-fated explanation.

They hang up on me.

I run to hit the toilet just in the nick of time.

This should explain my lack of writing in the past and my lack of working in the future.

Screw Show Business.

Could this be my last curtain call?

2 comments:

  1. Golly! I hope you feel better soon.
    Sorry you missed the work.
    Don't worry about abrupt casting, they were probably just very busy.
    They know your record as a reliable trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I'm so sorry I'm just now reading this!! Food poisoning is HORRIBLE!! :( I hope it didn't last too much longer!

    ReplyDelete