Thursday, January 22, 2009

Driven by Faith and Fuel

We constantly pray for you that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
2 Thessalonians 1:11


God calls us to serve wherever we can fulfill the best purpose, share our faith, foster our community, and use our gifts.
When I start to wonder if I am really the one in control of the helm, I happen to hail a particular cab....

Behold...Pastor Philip Frasbolio's yellow taxi that took me to the meatpacking district was a spiritual trip. Little did I know, I would be "Rolling with Jesus" on my way to an Italian meal. He offered up his various photo albums of fishing expeditions, candy for my pleasure, chew toys for my pet, free bibles, and of course his positive testimony.

He's been spreading the Word of the Lord now for two decades to any passenger that will listen. His vehicle is his evangelical ministry to New York City. He wasn't pushy with his approach but when he learned he was carrying a believer, the Amen's got louder and he delivered me safely to my destination. Between Hudson and Heaven.

I called him today after taking his Cross on Calvary card to set up a food delivery adventure, Salt and scripture to the homeless and I hoped to join him....when we hung up I read his card again..."Always a blessing, never a charge." This never happened in Georgia!

When I left the restaurant and was approached by a man asking for fifty cents, I handed over the remainder of my fungi white pizza and hailed another taxi. The man's response, "thanks right place right time", I told him I was just rolling with Jesus...

My choice to move to New York was an act of freewill but the call to be here is something out of my hands....so I wait with outstretched arms and open palms to what New York will bring.

Do you know your calling?

2 comments: