Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Industry Lingo

"For this reason anyone who speaks in a tongue should pray that he may interpret what he says." 1 Corinthians 4:13

Forgive me as I will be brief. Just broke from a 15 hour day on the set shooting a few scenes from an hour long episode of Cupid. Call Time: 11AM in the snow Wrap: 3 AM, just cold

Non-Union, Non-SAG, AFTRA, Equity, crafty(this is food),Casting, principal, lead, stand-in, vouchers hair, makeup, wardrobe , meal penalty pay, and oh the beloved Waiver- 3 of these gets you into the promised land, that is if you are an aspiring actor.
This is just a tasting of the subculture terminology of Extras on the set.

I spent the majority of my day in holding with other members of background, an ordained minister, a retired NYPD Sergeant, a Brooklyn born health care developer, an Aussie, a German, a comic named Gabriele, a jazz musician, and a healthy mix of musical theatre buffs. Everyone was there for a common goal. stardom or grocery money.
As I climbed the marble staircase into the lobby of The Carlton Hotel for the last take at 2:45 AM, My bloodshot eyes looked around....the lead actors, the gaffers, the art directors, props, and screaming PA's were all still there giving it there best.
And while I may not speak their language, it is clear to see; Everyone works hard in this industry.

Are you as tired as I am?

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart, for having such a long day!! But how wonderful that you got to "taste" what it is you're there looking for! I can't wait to see what tomorrow, next week and next month hold in store for you!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love this one: stardom or grocery money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog's great!

    ReplyDelete