Friday, September 24, 2010

Fresh As A Daisy

"To be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Ephesians 4:23-24

Never mind that my chilled Rose had sweat beads dripping down the cheap glass the second the lovely French girl placed it in front of me.
That certainly wasn't the crack in the concrete that sent me ass over tea kettle recovering only to pat my wounded heart and bring me to face the reality I've avoided for so long.

No, I threw it into the back of my throat before it could become devastatingly lukewarm.

But it did take a hot little German chef who has known the feisty confident girl in me since I was nineteen and running free amongst the sandy streets of the Wild Wild West Caribbean to spend 5 minutes alone with me and say...

"I wish I could take HALF of what is on your shoulders and throw it away. Something has sucked it all out of you...and I want to know how you're gonna get it back?

The pause it took to skip the line was FAR too short in comparison to the breath I just took.

She's right. I am completely Lost. The girl that sits here, sweating in her underwear in front of a fan on a Friday night is not the girl I would point a video camera at and pay to see in "My Movie."

For those of you who are exhausted with the repetitive wahs that I'm not quite myself these days can cease reading now...

It's my BLOG. It's a phase. I'm going to get out of it.
I'm bringing Sexy back but its going to have to take a whole lot of as Axl Rose say, bitching, fussing, pissing to carve out the body and soul that I see in this pile of smashed stone.

You don't have to bear with me. I do.

As I skipped amongst the congestion forming on St. Mark's, giggling excuse me's all the way...(new approach), I stopped short in front of the window where De La Vega's familiar scrawl used to hang...
And remembered his words..."The pressures if surviving in the city will make you lose sight of your dream...hang in there.

"You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again." John 3:7

So by the skin of my teeth, that's just what I plan to do.

How about you?


**This puts the old familiar smile on my face...>>

No comments:

Post a Comment