Sunday, September 19, 2010

Place of Rest

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:3

Heavenly Father,
I am regretful I spend too much of my precious time fighting battles against the flesh, this tempting world, and those who reject you. I do this often, instead of honoring your glory, lifting up your name, and being a shining light on your loving example. I admit I spend more time consumed with my career, my image, and my place in the world then considering my eternal life, my true home, my salvation. Because of your indescribable good and pure majesty, there is no question when I am flat on my face singing loud Hosannas of adoration, while all the celestial trumpets sound, and you are at the center will I truly understand what your great servant C.S. Lewis meant when he said, I now know what I was made for...

Out on the hills of glory land.
So happy and free at God’s right hand.
They tell of a place of marvelous grace.
On heaven’s bright shore.

Pilgrims on earth someday will go
To live in that home forever more
Trusting in Him who died for sin,
And rose from the grave

On heaven’s bright shore.
There’s gonna be no more dyin’
Not one little grave,
In all that fair land

Not even a tear will dim the eye,
and no one up there will say goodbye.
Just singing His praise through endless days... on Heaven’s bright shore.

Just singing His praise through endless days...On Heaven’s bright shore.
Allison Krauss

Heaven is all about Jesus.
He's the ONLY way to get there.

So if He isn't your One and Only Savior, why would you want to go?


No comments:

Post a Comment