Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Master of the Puppets

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

My Bible Study group has urged me to do less.

They don't know much about me yet.
Other than I feel the most sane when I'm speaking in tongues. I dropped that one on our 2nd introduction.

I considered George Bernard Shaw's words as I leaped four steps with my nose plugged this morning. Apparently someone decided to take a poop in the Lower East Side subway stop and the heat of the constant F train was heating it up nice and ripe.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of Nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy."

It seems dabbling has a way of drawing the focused attention away from my purpose. And I'm finding it easy to confuse all this manic activity with productivity.

Damn, while we think it is the paycheck that keeps us afloat; It's the meaningless work that drags us down under.

I'm trying to figure out which string to cut.

So just what happens when you're a Jack of all Trades?




No comments:

Post a Comment