Saturday, September 4, 2010

Medicinal Companion

"And he sent them out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick." Luke 9:2

Excuse me please, for my definition...but deeper still my conviction.

You read the line every time, ask me about crime in my mind, you ask me why another roadsong? Funny, but I bet you never left home.

So have mercy baby, cause I'm descending again.
Open your eyes, cause this time its sink or swim.
So I'm under a mountain, stuck to this mattress.

In need of flattery, I change my batteries so that my light will still shine.
Here with me and this price you pay. Just a wishful dream to be thrown away.

I lose myself, I forget myself, I free myself. Okay so I stone myself...But then again what happens if I do. Kept 29 blackbirds but only flew, spent most of my time making holes and licking my wounds.

There's a passion in being alone.
A grace in a loveless time.
No new cross. No new sign. Only the sun and the changing tides..

Yeah, I've been down, but never on my knees. I've seen the forest for the trees..
So say another prayer, save another life.
Kiss me on my head and tell me every thing's alright.
Cause I can say it once, I can shout it twice.
ALL there really is...is virtue and vice.

The BC Medley.
My Atlanta boys playing Southern Rock 5 nights in Manhattan.

They're my new version of therapy, so get your tickets before prescriptions run out...

Can I have a remedy?

1 comment:

  1. Like your style: charged, distracting, fundamentally poetic.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete