Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Now Is The Time

"The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied." Proverbs 13:4

There's a padded manila envelope laying at the edge of my desk...three of the corners are ben
t, the label has started to peel and it's covered with a thin coating of black soot.
It's addressed to The Colbert Report.

I pridefully stuffed it with my head shot, resume, and a news reel of about a dozen interviews, sports packages, and stand-ups I performed over the last ten years of my quasi focused reporter life.
I did this last November.
The missing element? Other than the postage...

The show stopping, clutching cover letter that makes heads spin and hands pick up the phone to hire me as their witty correspondent.

As they say in the islands...Soon Come!

Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle.”
Abraham Lincoln

So why are you {I} putting off your real pursuits?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr. Colbert,

    S**k My D**K!
    You TV twerp.

    God Speed,
    (Signature)

    That should get some attention.

    ReplyDelete