Friday, August 6, 2010

Cry Baby Cry

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe." Philippians 2:13-15

Disclaimer:
I am blessed beyond all measure.
I am living my life on my own terms as God's Will seems fit. I am nearing my 2nd year of abiding in the greatest, most vibrant city in the United States. I witness daily and experience often what so many can only envision. My life seems to be a series of peak experiences and my front yard an epicurean delight.

With all that said...

Al Pacino's Merchant of Venice, Shakespeare in the Park is closed for the season.

Did I sit under the stars amongst the fireflies for sheer genius and did I mention, free alfresco theater in one of the greatest parks in God's green Earth?

No.

John Legend sang about his love for the Lord as he passionately stroked the 66 keys of a Steinway piano and The Roots danced a funk for the masses.

Did I take my dark roast to go and shake free without abandon on this beautiful,breezy, fleeting summer Friday morning?

No.

Denzyl Washington gave another gut wrenching, Tony award winning performance in August Wilson's revival of Fences last night.

Did I stare with astonishment as he took his character to a dark and melancholy place in this famous racial melodrama?

No.

Isn't it obvious what I do?

I tie myself to a whipping post and bleed all over my keyboard.

Maybe I should just put the sugar on my tongue and run with it so the mundane seems like a psychedelic wonderland.

Do these people live more content lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment