Sunday, August 29, 2010

Testifying in Black and White

"For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light." Psalm 36:9

Its quite possible this site will go abandoned in the next few weeks, leaving only a mere reminder of this whimsical journey.

My brain is having a go at it grasping simple words like misanthrope or coagulate these days. Therefore expressing my elusive thinking self in melodramatic cerebral tones like Woody Allen escapes any of my current capability.

Besides, Manhattan isn't his Manhattan anymore and I find it difficult to wax poetically when its been overtaken by fashion mongers and $20 dollar drinks at the Standard's Boom Boom Room.

Rhapsody in Blue just doesn't have the same effect with a back beat.

Reasons for Living circa 1979- A Recording of Potato Head Blues by Louis Armstrong.
Apples and Pears by Cezanne.

Reasons for Living circa now. Goddamn Facebook Updates on your blackberry and striped micro minis.

It dawned on me after church this morning that my reason for living is often hid in the darkness of daily life and certainly masked by the literal roads I walk.

Writing is shining a Light on, letting the whole world sing about the glory of my Risen King and reminding all that are still searching somewhere vastly beyond the "Intolerant" Christian who has sustained through love that...

Mohammed's grave is occupied.
Krishna's grave... also full.
Buddha's grave? He's in it...
But Jesus' grave is empty and OUR Redeemer Lives.

I'd be worshiping Him instead of the new Fall collection.

If every knee will bow and every tongue will confess, the question is...When?


No comments:

Post a Comment