Sunday, August 8, 2010

Two Days Late

The northeast is so fascinating to me. Four real rootin tootin seasons you can set your clock by with hearty arms embracing the full life in all of them .
An Amtrak rail east along the seaside sailing communities and I count the weeks until sweater weather sets in.
Sipping my contraband Sierra Nevada, I realize the appeal of a mid day buzz.
Time is rapidly escaping me and I remind myself that I'm running out of some days and will do's.
Casting agent calls me personally to book me Monday and Tuesday.
I've committed my day to the soul sucking business of another and "invested" a paycheck into a commercial class in evenings.
So I have to decline and visually see my name added to the black side of the column.
What a ridiculous livelihood...to worry when they will call. And obsess when you have to speak the dreaded and often heard word no.

I'm getting away for another weekend. The last one of the summer

Newport, RI. Where sails are full, beer glasses overflow, and the simple life takes precedence.

Questions on my mind:

Why am I living in the most difficult city to speak of when I live hand to mouth?
Will botox affect my unborn children?
Are these meandering streams only seen by rail riders?
If I'm the most blissful on mother ocean...why do I live in a walk up tenement?

Can"t figure out why food is my drug of choice when hot sex feels so much more satisfying..

Goodbye city and my more than honed busy mind.
Hello weekend and a sunny salt water soaked vibe.
This is my neurosis singing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment