Thursday, August 5, 2010

In Good Faith

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9

The latest confrontation at 8 AM this morning on an overflowing F Train...lady squealing at the two overweight men filling more than their share of seats. "I'm pregnant I have an excuse...you're just fat and stupid."

Today...three women sit on the Supreme Court.

I bury my face in New York Magazine and smile fondly at the words of my new found person of interest. Don't Hate>>

Oh Franti, take me away to a place of calm.

~Anywhere I go ’cause I was made of this earth
I'm born of this earth, I breathe of this earth
And even with the pain I believe in this earth...

So I wake up every mornin' and I'm steppin' on the floor.
I wake up every mornin' and I'm steppin' out the door.
I got faith in the sky, faith in the one
faith in the people rockin' underneath the sun.

Cause every bit of land is a holy land
and every drop of water is a holy water
and every single child is a son or a daughter.~ MF

The question is if we all claim to want peace... why do we kick and scream against it?


No comments:

Post a Comment