Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fight or Flee

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."
Proverbs 11:25

My heart goes out to Steve Slater
. >>>
I feel his helpless aggravation at the self centered narcissism in the non compassionate.
I understand the overwhelming compulsion to tell them all to fuck themselves, chug a beer, and escape into my own safe sanctuary.
He'd had enough.
We all have.
And the fact that his face is on the cover of EVERY Daily Rag in this town shouldn't come as a surprise...
We're all living on the edge.

And speaking of teetering... remember when I said my weekend in wee Rhode Island packed a punch?
Well, it gave an equal if not more devastating blow to our wallets as we found ourselves dolling out our gratitude in dollar signs.
A hospitality lesson gifted me a sleepless night and sore disbelieving open jaw, that if it wasn't for my on camera commercial class peanut gallery telling me what a feisty, funny, adorable, piss and vinegar, crazy mom with a highly marketable vindictive side I had, I would be pulling the escape hatch on life and running for the hills as well.

What part of my struggling acting career, part time assistant slaving, hopeful not fruitful writing, paycheck to paycheck spending, freelancing husband, deep creased forehead living gave you the idea I was made out of money?

Steven Tyler was right...There's meltdown in the sky.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how underrated hospitality is these days. Hoping your weekend "hosts" get a taste of their own hospitality some time to realize it doesn't take much to share. In fact, it makes you feel great.

    ReplyDelete