Monday, August 16, 2010

I Want To Rock-n-Roll

"A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?" Proverbs 20:24

As of late, I have reached out to a lot of family, a handful of friends, and a sampling of loyal readers. All who know I'm crazy, secretly worry about me, and tune in for the car race or wreck called my reality. Turns out my subtle dark humor, active imagination, and opinion of human behavior has found its way into a blog turned diary and it dawned on me, I need a redirect. Or better a direction.
Any advice in that department would be warmly welcomed.

Until then...

Well if I didn't know it already, it was affirmed today as the merry hopefuls wrapped around the corner for a chance to grasp their 15 minutes of illustrious fame on the silver screen; there is undeniably, fierce competition in this field.

Men In Black 3, yes, 3 is beginning the prosthetic makeup fittings for an October shoot and they're looking for aliens or to put it in Casting Director lingo, people with interesting character faces and odd/unusual sizes.
Blond hair, blue eyes wasn't on the rundown...but I posed for my Polaroid and exited into the suffocating thick heat only New York mid August can provide.

Turns out daytime television isn't dead.
The advertisers still appeal to a select group that can hold their bladders, and One Life To Live stands firm as the ONLY Soap still in NY production.
So I arrived at my dramatic cold reading tonight soaking wet from the summer's first downpour to give my best pout (without a stiff forehead) towards my lustful attraction for Landview's notorious bad boy. I was quite convincing.

Leaving the scene, a beau from my way back past calls me.
Just home from a 30 day European tour with KISS, he's shooting Family Jewels in New York and wants to see me. Whatever energy I lost in saturating heat and silly dialogue, I quickly find at minutes till midnight.
Something to do with a text saying Gene Simmons says hello.
I reply, my tongue has made me a lot of friends too... and out the door I go!

Oh New York City on a Monday Night.

Did you say you wanna go for a spin?



**33 years ago today, another Rock-n-Roll legend dies. Love Me Tender Elvis. Love Me True.

No comments:

Post a Comment