Monday, April 19, 2010

Conditions Are Good

"In everything he did he had great success, because the LORD was with him."
1 Samuel 18:14

I press my forehead up against the glass and watch the Hare Krishna's leaping and chanting their sixteen word mantra, gleefully forcing their literature on cab drivers up and down St. Mark's, and I say out loud.."Why would I ever leave here?"

Not even running smack dab into the pea brained tourist men coming out of Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square, referring to the Hasidic with the microphone and muttering under their breath about the Jew News could break my stride as I've caught the Manhattan wave again...

After flipping through binders full of generic commercial copy, along the likes of:
I sweat so I choose Ban...3 out of 4 doctors say Advil cures my aches... Look at my Bright Whites, Tide did it again, I settled on a not so conventional script of an excitable possibly neurotic women seductively describing the taste of Columbo Yogurt.
And do you know what the Casting Director said...?
"Great part for your personality; You nailed it. Let's see what comes up for you."

And in the same breath she told me the less I care, the better I will do...

So I'm turning my palms up, giving it to God, and taking this one all the way in to crash on the shore.

"Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen." Phillip Adams

Who's with me?


**Then it dawned on me, the makeshift campers at JFK sure would like to leave this grand city.


No comments:

Post a Comment