Sunday, April 18, 2010

Still Afloat

"And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." Colossians 1:10-12

Rerouted on my own block by two baby faced production assistants shielding the models from the wind...I prayed these above words regarding my soon to set sail "career."

While wearing a wide brim hat with a silk black band worthy of fame, conspicuously drinking a chilled French white at the Parisian bar, my girlfriend asked me what I have planned this week. A short effectual pause followed.
It was 3:30 on a Sunday afternoon and at that moment, my answer was nada.

This is the nature of the beast we call, The Industry.
But as my fellow pirate JB says, Come Monday, it will be all right.
There are eight AFTRA Union shows shooting in New York right now, multiple films, and countless commercials. My grand plan and promise is to have a visual and audible presence in a few of them come this sweaty city summer...so help my unstructured, non routine, fly by the seat of my pants ever changing life.

"The rarest thing in this business is...a steady job."
This coming from a Shakespeare Theater actor, Academy Award nominee turned leading man, and SIXTEEN year television veteran Sam Waterson, who said acting isn't working, just long hours of fun. This seemingly endless fun earned him a star on the Hollywood Hall of Fame this year.
And is my number one driving source for making Manhattan mine.

"The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore." Dale Carnegie

Can you still see land?

No comments:

Post a Comment