Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

"Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!”-
Matthew 20:17-19

Out at our neighborhood coffee shop with elbow room to spare.
The hardware, grocery, and pharmacy doors didn't give way this morning when I anxiously pulled on the handles at 7:15 this morning. Apparently Atlanta is a city that sleeps.

So my motivation is on hold as I anticipate the die hard yard salers trying to peak past my shoulder to see what I got hiding in my house and how they can scam me out of my possessions.

It is clear I am not in the Northeast anymore, people are looking me in the eyes, smiling, and evangelizing about the Lord every where I go.
Something about buying a dark coffee to nurse my ailing pollen filled sinus and being told to have a blessed day.

I get to freely tell them this back with no backlash:

For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. 1 Peter 3:18

Are you thankful for the Cross?

No comments:

Post a Comment