Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cup Runneth Over

"Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God." Ecclesiastes 5:19


God has blessed me in unimaginable ways. He is my Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God. He saves me, keeps me, and leads my path gone astray back to Him and His embrace.
He is my everlasting Redeemer.

I have treated this gorgeous house on the hill like an evil life sucker instead of feeling honored for the true gift.

As the last islander wanders over my stuff pointing out the memories that will now grace their island home, my heart is heavy laden. The sun sets over the Caribbean and glints off the white caps, usually strangers to Fish Bay, the wind blows through my glass wind chimes, a hummingbird buzzes past my sunset view and I let go and say goodbye.

All with the help of my tall glasses of cold Cruzan Rum.

The jury's still out on better to love and lost than to have ever loved....

Could you give it all up knowing it wasn't yours to start?


1 comment:

  1. Is it possible you've been gone only twelve days? You've lived a mini-lifetime in these twelve days and i've really missed you. This post tightened my throat and brought tears to my eyes, sister - agree, the jury is indeed out. Leaving will be hard, but we'll drown your sorrows over a glass, al fresco, lamenting things lost. Will be little consolation for you, but I look forward to it and to seeing you. xx

    ReplyDelete