Saturday, February 6, 2010

Closer to Fine

"You must act according to the decisions they give you at the place the LORD will choose. Be careful to do everything they direct you to do. Deuteronomy 17:10

Everyday in every way , I am listening to the word of God. This makes putting each foot in front of the other a manageable task. Today by only the grace of God and my willingness to expose my figurative self and shortcomings...Exhilaration was the end result.

Woke a little depressed to the fact that the meteorologists were wrong again. NY received a mere dusting. Guess the bacon and pancakes will have to wait for another morning when we're buried beneath the promised storm's wrath.

So I'm hitting the ground running.
First stop....The Sweat Shop in Brooklyn...

Despite my former post, I auditioned this morning for a bitter wealthy woman who had cheated on her husband for two years with his friends and now she was unleashing it all on her therapists couch. A theater piece turned film and I brought all the bitter sarcasm I could muster. The four sets of staring eyes nodded in approval and scribbled in their notebooks before giving me the send off, "we'll be in touch...." Mmm.

Two: In a bitter cold practice room on Metropolitan Ave, an "older" southern belle from Georgia reminisces of her first few years of admiration of New York and the relationships she overcame and the harsh ones that overtook her. The director tells me special effects can cure the age gap. I just need to nail the accent. I do. Could be my biography in the making...

Three: A junior film student at NYU wants to cast a lusty 40 year old for his undergrad color piece. I read in a barren space with one video camera for Delores desperate for affection, drunk on tequila, and willing to risk it all for the charm of a juvenile delinquent with fine
upbringing...for the sake of companionship.

"I'm trying to tell you something about my life.
Maybe give me insight between black and white.
And the best thing you've ever done for me is to help me take my life less seriously.
It's only life after all.... yeah." Sailers, Ray (Georgia girls)

Does anyone see a reoccurring theme here?


1 comment:

  1. I like your blog and the way that you start out with a GREAT bible verse every time. It makes the rest very interesting to read.

    Verses popped into my head that I would share.

    1st John 5:1 was one of them.

    Kindest regards,
    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete