Friday, February 19, 2010

Give It Up

"For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it." Mark 8:35

Oh..I am shuddering at my new thought. Could Kathy Gifford Lee be a new inspiration for me? Amazing what a morning off will do.
She just quoted scripture before sipping a beer and throwing back a shot of vodka on live TV while asking....
"What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Mark 8:36

Usher in the "press conference".

He operated on a broken compass.
He thought the normal rules did not apply to him.
He felt he was entitled and indulged in all the temptations around him.
He quit living a life of integrity.
He cheated and lied.
He abandoned his moral he was raised with and brought destruction on his charmed life.
Character and decency fell by the wayside.
He disappointed friends, fans, family, and foes alike,
AAHHH. And he just claimed Buddhism as his redeemer.

Humbling ourselves and laying it at the cross is the first step to mind blowing freedom called salvation....
I like him no more and no less.

But motivated by two unusual suspects , tonight I will lay down a five year battle without prejudice...and find peace.

"My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures." CT

What if you wait too long to wave the white flag?


No comments:

Post a Comment