Saturday, February 13, 2010

Make Up a Sound Mind

"You will pray to him, and he will hear you, and you will fulfill your vows. What you decide on will be done, and light will shine on your ways." Job 22:27-28

What if I were a philosophising poet?
Would inspiration flow?
Could I reach inside and understand the darkness?
Would I find the light?

I am levitating above my body today because the vessel is far too stress filled to dwell in...and cozied up in front of a blazing fire on the rooftop of Gramercy Hotel refusing to pay a twenty spot for a glass of wine.

I've decided if I am going to write for a living, I have to get hopelessly intoxicated beyond recognition to make my characters colorful.

I've decided if I am going to make a living in television, I'm eventually going to have to get naked.

I've decided I should buy stock in Chobani Greek Yogurt while I still have $1.79 to spend.

I've decided that the anger that boils up inside of me when I listen to the pack of young black ministers outside my gym preaching scripture while calling me a cracker and laughing in my face will indeed be the death of me. Or sneering at them will.

I've decided in order to be a proponent of positivity and peace, I have to sell two houses, relent to the money stealing and brutal lying members of Wachovia Bank and my lawyers, and come to grips that the IRS is not going away,

I've decided I want to repeat Ben Harper's following words as a reminder to be better every moment.

Some days have no beginning
And some days have no end
Some roads are straight and narrow
And some roads only bend
So let us say a prayer
For every living thing
Walking towards a light
From the cross of a king
We long to be a picture of Jesus
Of Jesus...


Is there anything more beautiful than a guiding post?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that you need to get naked eventually to succeed in TV.
    I don't see you as the type for that sort of thing from the producer's or from your angle.
    Just because there might be a lot of casting breakdowns containing request, I wouldn't know since I just see the male ones, that doesn't mean that's the only way to go.
    You look more more like the young mom type to me. Perhaps eventually sitcom mom.
    I think you are doing fine. It's only been a year and you've made a great deal of progress in that amount of time.

    ReplyDelete