Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Me and My Dark Shadow

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." Ecclesiastes 7:14

Puxatawney Phil is correct 39% of the time.

This is failing according to our standards.

But since I was cowering in minor discomfort at the pelting sleet in my eyes, I say he just improved his grade...

If I had to endure the same day over and over until I achieved a level of success, I would want the evening to resemble something like tonight...
Snow falling outside my window. Candlelight providing a false winters glow. Bottle of French Pinot nearly empty, copious amounts of chocolate consumed, and a call coming from the no fail agent who said its time to fly south on location. (Okay I imagined that last part)

Honestly, today I write my BLAHg with a chip on my shoulder...Not only am I cold, but I want to crawl into a hole and hibernate for the next six weeks to shake off this defeated chill.

Yes, if I was given umpteen chances to perfect today, I would stop and buy the 4' 10" octogenarian women at the F train a cup of coffee, tell the man in the elevator heading to the penthouse who just lost his job that I would pray for him, stare into the eyes of the black man in a purple cape and king's crown carrying an accordion and laugh out loud, walk through Central Park to take in the ice covered trees versus taking two trains, praise my husband for wearing five hats at his work instead of condemning him for doing too much for too little, not use the f word three tines while discussing my finances, and be thankful, thankful, thankful for my blessings thus far....cause no one knows where we will be tomorrow.

Bing!

"What would you do if you were stuck in one place and every day was exactly the same, and nothing that you did mattered? " Bill Murray 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment