Thursday, February 25, 2010

Full Up

"Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed." 1 Samuel 2:3

When the exceptionally large forearm sized sleet are falling from the sky, remarkably the freelancers life for me is just fine and dandy. It's 9:44 and I'm still in my robe wishing the rather robust woman reporter would quit referring to this storm as "The Big One."

Yet, I find no solace in the news....

" Because of excessive talking, spiritual energy is being wasted.” Sri Sathya Sai Baba


Look Tony Kornheiser admitted Hannah Storm was a "Holden Caulfied fantasy..." Isn't that Sportscenter execs want? A sexy woman dressed in skin tight attire and plunging necklines with a vast knowledge of sports for simple minded boys and men to fawn after. Call me crazy but ESPN's wardrobe employees have an immense amount of push-up bra power when they give the go ahead to their hosts outfits. Those of us that watch Pardon the Interruption love that TK is a Wild Card and have come to expect subversiveness. He's obviously got a crush. Not only is Kornheiser's suspension waning on the side of hypocritical, ESPN has gone a little Disney soft and needs to lighten up. Meanwhile, I can only hope I am rocking those thighs when I'm 47.

Here's what I see when Washington opens the doors to his transparent rantings....
A genuine waste of time and over inflated salaries blowing hot air. It's a joke. It's not about the American people, it's about a pushing a lasting ego legacy. For Republicans a decision is about job security. For democrats it's about a strong arm victory...I would love to see genuine bi-partisan concern. But judging by Obama's body language when he hears renounce, he only wants to be right even if its wrong for the majority.
I agree this system is unsustainable I am all for reducing health care costs. I have NOT had healthcare since I was a teenager. I do not take ANY prescription drugs, I go to my once a year annual doctors appointment and pay out of pocket. I take a netti pot for my sniffles, I shoot honey, lemon, and cayenne for a sore throat, I pop my 1,000 milligrams of Vitamin C out of my $5.95 Industrial Bottle and attempt to get eight hours of sleep. I'm blessed.
My point reinforces Lamar Alexander's point of "Not doing Comprehensive well." What works for me may not for you. But I can guarantee what works for you will not fly with me or come out of my pocketbook.

Besides being knocked down with 10 inches of snow today, James Cameron's Avatar finally took my breath away with a loud and clear message..."You can't fill a cup, that's already full."

Couldn't we all throw out some of the old to make room for the new?

No comments:

Post a Comment