Friday, August 7, 2009

Some Kind of Wonderful

"Be happy, young man, while you are young, and let your heart give you joy in the days of your youth. Follow the ways of your heart and whatever your eyes see, but know that for all these things God will bring you to judgment" Ecclesiastes 11:9"

It is 1 AM and and an evening of Balderdash has zapped any capability of creative wordsmithing.
Let's pay homage to one who always had it.

This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy...

No more yanky my wanky, the Donga need food...

Next time I come in here, I'm cracking skulls...

Life moves pretty fast. If You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it...

Screws fall out all the time. The world is an imperfect place...

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive...

So... What would you little maniacs like to do first ..

We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all. ..

You break his heart, I'll break your face...

You look good wearing my future...

You know, it's so insane that someone you've never met, never talked to can be your enemy...

I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper, it works pretty fine by itself...

I could go on and on. There is no doubt John Hughes struck a chord in so many of our lives shining a bright light on the fact that teenagers everywhere were and are experiencing a heightened sense of life. And we are all better for his genius.
Rest in Peace.

Ahhh youth, Would you go back for a minute?

2 comments:

  1. Some Kind of Wonderful is one of my faves. Mary Stuart Masterson is fab in it (and At Close Range too). She is so adorable with her hair short during that period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would I go back for a minute? Maybe ... if only to understand my sense of self in my teens, to help me make better choices in my ensuing 20's. Where would I be today? No one will know. Trippy!

    ReplyDelete