Monday, August 10, 2009

Who's Yes, Your No

"Who endowed the heart with wisdom or gave understanding to the mind?" Job 38:36

The colorful poets of East Village have an affinity for writing inspiring messages in public places...I stepped over these words so eloquently written in rainbow chalk outside of my building as I dodged condensation drops from the AC window unit above...
"If you don't control your mind, someone else will.” John Allston
And you can put that truer than truth fact in your pipe and smoke it.

I'm back at it tomorrow as a "fashion forward, ultra chic, totally sleek Upper West Side wine cafe
patron", or so the casting agent tells me....

In the spirit of bucking the wills of evil programmers, two of my favorite writers can say it best.

“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.”
Bob Marley

“Either you think – or else others have to think for you and take power from you, pervert and discipline your natural tastes, civilize and sterilize you.”
 F. Scott Fitzgerald

Who is making your choices for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment