Sunday, August 9, 2009

Was It Good For You Too

"Who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:5

-I'm back, back in the New York Groove. Back, in the New York Groove- Ace Frehley

Listening to people describe New York City can be likened to someone attempting to explain an orgasm. It’s personal. The way the energy moves through one can not be duplicated in another. And whatever element of the experience they convey in full glorious mind numbing details, it is impossible to grab hold and sink your teeth into the occasion unless you are truly feeling it.

Now up until now I have been in the passionate throws of an amorous love affair with Manhattan. January though June were wanton months where New York dug it's claws into my soft white skin and held tight. I embraced the wildness. And  hadn't been able to find a flaw.
Today, coming back into it's arms, the steaminess still lingered as I (solo) met the burning city in August. And the smells of a 24 hour concrete living room was an unwanted spanking....

As my taxi carted me (YEA! No more driving) quite furiously from Grand Central to the East Side, and stopped in front of my new (colorful) building, I quickly came to the realization I wasn't in rural Georgia anymore.  Sunday afternoons is Brunch Central and my block the epicurean epicenter. People lined up on the street reading the New York Times, sucking down Bellini's, and soaking up the sheer emotion that carousing with friends and days off brings. 

I pulled my 50 lb suitcase past the tattoo parlor where the patrons smoked outside proudly showing off their descriptive and explicit diaries displayed on their arms and gave a nod to the Irish Chaps drinking stouts at old pine picnic tables, put my key in the lock, walked through (all of 300 square feet) to the front of my apartment overlooking the street and sighed....

Below me, someone was discarding an old mattress worn out from too much dancing I gather. They had taken an magic marker and wrote in huge black block letters across the tattered pillow top,
"BECOME YOUR DREAM". 
I climbed out onto the fire escape to get a closer look at my theme words, thanked the Lord for the opportunity, and fell in love all over again.

I'd rather be impassioned then indifferent.
Yep, I'm back in the New York groove.

If your not climaxing, isn't it about time to change positions?


1 comment:

  1. I used to go back home to Ohio. What I would first notice on return to NYC was how well dressed people were. In Ohio they don't seem to care about that sort of thing, or get it all wrong. And the NYC people looked so much more attractive, thinner too.

    ReplyDelete