Thursday, September 10, 2009

BAH BAH

"Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his ; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture." Psalm 100:3

I don't want to be a Sadducee cause their just sad, you see. I just want to be a sheep.
I don't want to be a hypocrite, cause their not hip with it, I just want to be a sheep.
-Bible School diddy

This place is an absolute trip and as small as I may feel in it, it has no bearing on my personal space in a big ole' town. Seven hands on one subway pole today. Can you imagine? Seven and all of them coming from different directions.
Pierced noses to engorged groins and busty fronts to small backs we breathe each others air as more people jump the local and squeeze into the already intimate, fringing on the inappropriate public setting called the Express Train at rush hour.

We all scream out and huff it up an underground tunnel lined with bucket beaters and poem reciters on each others heels. Now if I am painting an undesirable picture, this is not my intention. I do this with a cramped pep in my step. There is no where else in America where you stand centimeters away from another person's moist lips, smell their bubble gum and not even utter a stranger's hello. Next to impossible to avert your eyes away from other's glares as you're surrounded but likely to fume at the man who has his legs spread wide on the bench seat dominating a space where two of me could sit.

And while I'm addressing the lack of elbow room.. In new job situations...especially design businesses housed in cozy quaint Central Park West apartment's, my frequent bathroom habits become painfully aware and the implausibility of hiding them acute. I brought this up to my co worker today who left his desk once ( compared to my eight) and that was for a lunch run...

Finally home to relative quietness. Sorted through the crazed streets of SOHO as 700 retail vendors in NY opened their doors with finger food, bubbly, and DJ's to boot. Oh so Vogue Bloomberg's kick in the pants for the economy and Fashion Week 2009 commences....as even more people stylishly flock in herds to the island.

I'd be lost here if I didn't have a shepherd.

Do you know your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment