Saturday, September 19, 2009

Clouds Conspire

"The LORD Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear,he is the one you are to dread." Isaiah 8:13

Can the fact that empower Jim power the Mosaic Man of East Village told us that the city is using inferior substandard asphalt to pave the cobblestones of St. Mark's because they want to keep the block gritty and dangerous and employee the lazy department of public works for an extended contract while the ones with our eyes wide open watch them vigilantly and are waiting for the opportune time to strike and take back our street, really have an adverse affect on my glorious day?
P.S. You can tell because the puddles at the edge of the curbs are all growing exponentially at the same identical space and time which is how you know we are all in trouble.
The answer is no...
I will drink my cocoa ground mud coffee, dance to an upright bass, drive fifty balls over ten million dollar yachts straight at Jersey, stroll the Sumac wild grass growing High Line Park, cheer on my new Irish born Simon the Pie man friend kill 5 meat pies in 4 minutes, dance to German saxophones at a Beer Garden, kiss my man on the mouth, and sip Cote du Rhone with mac and cheese before fighting with a Versace wearing, Nike donning "bum" at the bus stop who threatens me with his bible and the fact he will bring judgement on me and my husbands life before we can count to three because we won't buy his zippo.
In the words of my gal friend... "He's barking up the wrong tree."

And I will do it ALL fearlessly with the sheer pleasure of being alive in New York.

Do you believe in conspiracy? Then whom shall we fear?


No comments:

Post a Comment