Wednesday, September 16, 2009

UGH

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

Well it was bound to come. They say the honeymoon period has a gestation period. I just envisioned mine a little longer than eight months.

I found two small flaws in my idealized city of dreams that I would like to do without.
I can't generalize and make the sweeping statement of all New Yorkers but...
There is a pride filled epidemic called the "I won't commit to you now, I'd rather wait,because something better might come along" syndrome.
It is painful and takes the loyalty friend finding factor out of the equation.
Secondly, after a ten hour workday running on fumes and squished like a grape on the subway, coming home to a screaming match also has no place in my world.

With a four AM train ride to Coney Island to parent a high school pep rally on Ugly Betty looming, I look for some deserved rest.

“Give up all bad qualities in you, banish the ego and develop the spirit of surrender. You will then experience Bliss.”
-Sri Sathya Sai Baba


Can I crawl in a hole and sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment