Monday, September 21, 2009

Get In My Belly

"He rained down manna for the people to eat, he gave them the grain of heaven." Psalm 78:4

"Don't you people have homes?" Judge Smails.
It's Monday night, eleven in the evening and all the restaurants on my block are busting at the seams. I'm thinking at least half of the apartment kitchens go unused in this town.
New York City is the epitome of a smorgasbord.

Two nights ago, I stood in the middle of the sidewalk at 3 AM with my severe weapon of choice. A plastic fork. And proceeded to use it quite offensively in three different cardboard cones held by three different hands. Filled to the brim with hot authentic Belgian Pomme Frites fresh out of the fryer and smothered with our choice of sauce...Blue Cheese, Mexican Ketchup, and War Sauce (Peanut Satay with raw onions) Flashback 15 years to the not so gourmet IHOP in Athens and the sampler platter (2 of them for 3 of us).

Ever so vigilant and unwilling to let Fat Bastard steal my mojo, I pumped away in a Pilates Room in Chelsea with tens of others working off their weekend and endured the knock out henchman instructor yell at us in her thick little Scottish Brogue.
Why? Cause I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...

Are you spitting out or swallowing what life feeds you?




No comments:

Post a Comment