Sunday, December 13, 2009

Flight or Fight

"So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment?" Romans 2:3

It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace...

Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
But it don't snow here
It stays pretty green
I'm going to make a lot of money
Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene...

I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on...
Joni Mitchell

I can't preach to others about how truly insignificant any drama we dream up and scream at really is, if I don't practice the same zen mentality. I refuse to engage in family arguments in a blaming or defensive manner. Detrimental Delusion should be dealt with head on with a hard hat. So instead I will air all of our undesirable issues...cause we all got em'.
And if you say don't, you're lying.

Folk Christmas of God Rest Ye Merry, let NOTHING you dismay, on the airwaves and white lights brighten our cozy one room abode. Candles flicker on a real rootin tootin rainy day off. Our neighbors are treated to an R Rated peep show through the fire escape window.
I'm treated to more.
Yet, with the ring of a phone, aggravated angst manages to find me on a peace given day.

Damn straight I wish I had river, I could skate far, far, far away on.


What do you do when there is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide?


No comments:

Post a Comment