Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Stellar Performance

"Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" Luke 12:26

"There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time."
Malcolm X

Alarm.
Angst.
No food in fridge.
Squeeze Clearasil on my stress.

Grab a barstool amongst the hipsters without day jobs.
Pay too much for a teacup full of yogurt, wash it down with a full to the brim Americano.
Buy a box of organic cookies from Compost dirt..Mmmm.

Pick up the New Yorker and question who was indeed the greatest monster to chickens everywhere... General Tso or Colonel Sanders?
Deny myself the free Flock of Seagulls Album on a stoop,
1. No room
2. No turntable

More Worry.
Diarrhea this time.
Yell unnecessarily at my best friend.

This clock is lying!!

Pull on my all for show stiletto boots, slip on ice and collide with the harmonica playing drag queen at the F/V Entrance.
Devour leftover spaghetti on the subway platform.

Butterflies.

Get to my destination by the skin of my not brushed teeth.
Powder the freezing cold Roman nose.

Audition for a Nick at Night Commercial for all of 7 minutes....

The Casting Agent tells me I make her nervous.

Chinatown Dumplings and Laundromat Blues for me tonight.

You gotta give a little? Take a little?
Fall flat on your face a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment