Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Psst, Do You Want to Know A Secret?

"Save us, O LORD our God, and gather us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in your praise." Psalm 106:47

The Asian women carrying the recycling at the end's of wood poles draped over their arthritic necks are battling in an outright slap fest below and NYPD has shown up to tell them to cease breaking bottles and share the aluminum wealth....

Woe is me and my path of ridiculous resistance. I've been at this bizarre extras underworld now for eleven months... Now in the grand scheme of God's plan this is not a long time, but I wasn't born for background so I wonder just how much longer I can dwell here in the semi-darkness with all the other competitive camera time feeders.

Today, featured on a I don't know how, but oh so popular show called Gossip Girl where I greet Serena at an outlandishly exuberant fundraising event where we know each other from Romper Room, I have back to back hiccup epiphany's.

For starters: Have you ever wondered how many self professed Christian actors are working in the business? The operative word being working.
The answer is very little and not one of them enjoys their pick of the script litters. Sure, Kirk Cameron had his glowing days in Growing Pains, and Stephen Baldwin sings God's praises, but his brother is the scene stealer, Gary Busey loves Jesus and the sauce and appears more in mug shots these days then motion pictures.
My point? What if young and fortunate Leighton Meester and Blake Lively gave their testimony of faith to these screaming crying obsessive girls loitering at the corner on a freezing cold December day to catch a glimpse of their adored divas because they too think threesomes are cool?
Would they still have their fame? I know the answer. Do you?


Two: Working these shows is severely muddling up my focus in chasing my already elusive dream. Pantomiming clever creativity can only reach so far.
I must say no to resembling acting and passing through senseless dialogue and encourage my true aspirations.
Primarily, bringing the witty and wise wordsmith writers back!!!!


When did we quit giving a shit about the English language?


**We shot outside the Dakota Building on the anniversary. The crowds gather
ed in Strawberry Fields.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the Hudson River school paintings in that room were really lovely.

    I should have gone over and checked out the Lennon thing in the park since I was up there but I didn't even think of it after I was wrapped. I've never been to one of those things. Some FB friend of mine said it was fun/nice.

    They kept you a little longer. I got dismissed at 8:47.

    ReplyDelete