Saturday, December 26, 2009

One Day More

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth." Proverbs 27:1

Today is a day that would make the teetering on the brink poor soul fall helplessly over the jagged edge.

Wandering down the saturated sidewalks with a broken umbrella, the constant rain melting the last bit of Christmas snow, I can't help but notice the enormous amount of left behind retail items lingering in the tinsel covered shop windows. The streets of NY are abandoned and the steady stream of water carries the discarded coffee cups to collect at the steel grates on the corners.
All the joyful carols, glittering lights, ornate ornaments, decorative ribbons, festive gatherings all but a faded memory. The clock ticks forward. And it's no wonder a sense of emptiness settles in....

Idle time makes me peel back the layers and I question my endeavors and second guess my place. On a scale of time off being a blessing or curse, it has a slight lean towards the negative. I'm forced to look at my choices. And be humbled by my blessings.

Delta passengers unite with friends and family after seeing their life's end flash before their eyes and just for a moment view their woes and worries a little differently and with perspective.

With the high risk of sounding incredibly cliche, I'm reminded to call up that old friend, tell an acquaintance I appreciate them, send that letter I've been composing, and reflect on the richness of the day in and out.

There are NO guarantees. If was Outcast that said get up, get out, cut that bullshit out.

“So what do we do? Anything. Something. So long as we just don't sit there. If we screw it up, start over. Try something else. If we wait until we've satisfied all the uncertainties, it may be too late.” Lee Iaccoca


So what are you going to do to change your now?

No comments:

Post a Comment