Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Safety First

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matthew 19:6

Relationship experts say that the blindly smitten stage of infatuation in all relationships fizzles out short of the one year mark. This change supposedly opens the door for true growth to occur.

Reading over the last 329 days of my life, it is obvious, I never needed a New York City trial period.... That adventurous cheer leading try-out was a show stopping toe touch on arrival day. I'm still rooting for my new home team.
I can stay . And I will, with still so much left to discover.

But something has changed....
Maybe I enjoyed the thrill of finding food for no money, maybe I had more idle time therefore higher ideals, maybe I just miss my leg room.
A weak woman would place blame on someone else. And I can't be resilient and strong all the time. It is true, my husband is still testing the rough and rowdy waters. And this unnaturally makes me embrace New York with my feet on the ground.

I'd rather love airborne.
Cause sometimes balance and compromise knock the wind out of my crazy ways.
And that ain't no fun.

Or is the honeymoon truly over?

No comments:

Post a Comment