Saturday, December 5, 2009

Unsolicited

"All men will hate you because of me." Luke 21:17

Slow down. You're moving too fast. You gotta make these moment's last. Just keep your keys and phone in tow, looking for fun and feeling groovy.( S & G adapted)

I don't mind confrontation. I don't understand it. But I don't mind it.
And I will engage EVERY time I'm prompted.

Now, I don't tell a gay man I think he's a slut for his promiscuous and continuous conquest surveying.

I don't tell a skinhead Iverson idolizing tough guy, I believe his anger is an outward sign of weakness.

And far be it from me to mention to the intellectual liberal who only gets his second hand news from NPR, he is also receiving biased information.

But for some reason, every single person wants to tell me how crazy, misinformed, and closed off and unintelligent I am for believing in God.

It is my personal belief they attack my strongholds because they have none and are swayed by the judgmental and like minded company they keep.

They call the Christians intolerant when really they are the all encompassing epitome.

Great, don't eat Chick-fil-A because you are appalled Truett Cathy supports Focus on the Family, but don't judge me as I am devouring my greasy chicken biscuit with a smile.

I am so deeply rooted in my belief in Jesus Christ that I'm able to withstand the furious wind, pelting rain, and hateful persecution you send my way.

Yes, I will keep growing towards the sunlight and with an open mind.

Do you really think rejecting God makes you more evolved?







No comments:

Post a Comment