Thursday, December 10, 2009

Whoo R U?

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3"

Aim to please, just like a loyal dog.

What makes humility so desirable is the marvelous thing it does to us; it creates in us a capacity for the closest possible intimacy with God” Monica Baldwin

Oh my long underwear cover my belly button and reach up to my ribcage.
The weather has arrived...and instead of sleeping with the windows open to compete with the spittin fire radiator like last night. Tonight, my nightcap and fleece accompany me to bed...someone must have tampered with the boiler room.

Forgive me Lord Jesus if I demonstrate myself more privileged strictly because I know you. I believe since you know how much suffering and pain can be in this Earthly life, it saddens you to see your children fight furiously through it without you. I do not consider myself better I consider myself saved and protected. And I'm unworthy. It is my prayer daily to be humbled and convicted so that my compassion visibly overflows and my thankfulness is written across my face. Even if the Original Gangster stares at me today knowing full well I've been on his show more times then we can Bodycount and the wind whipping through Times Square chaps my blushing cheeks as the Mississippi women in pink sweatshirts, pulling their roller suitcases across the crowded sidewalk mistake me for hot shit on the "Oh myyy Gaaad, it's CSI New York" television set. (Correction SVU)

It's a fast escape on John Rocker's favorite Number 7 train deep to the Countryside of Queens for homemade authentic churros.
Wind down by staring intently into my friends aquarium and come to the realization the only element separating me from them are fins and PRIDE.

If one pill makes us larger and the other one makes us small, what do the self serving self righteous ones do?

No comments:

Post a Comment