Monday, December 21, 2009

Main Street Meddling

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

Which got me thinking...does small town modest living lend itself to fostering a more disciplined and righteous life?

But I quickly witness that less temptation, meager possessions, and idle time don't necessarily lead to the folding of hands but the wagging of tongues.

It's a short life so....
Allure me with animation
Consume me with current events.
Posses me with productivity.
Direct me with drive.
Finesse me with fashion.
Entice me with enterprise.
And guide me to give it all up and follow Him.

Ever notice the one's that aren't busy are the biggest busy bodies?

**And for more reading material.

No comments:

Post a Comment