Thursday, December 3, 2009

New York Minute

"I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you." 1 Chronicles 29:17

What a fucking day.
I owe it to someones good heart and my delicious not your daddy's Manhattan to bring this blog some positivity.

I should be more shocked. But today is the second time a perfect stranger has gone out of their way to return my cell phone in the city that never sleeps.

The first time after being kicked out of three cabs and eventually persuading a driver to take me to Brooklyn at 4 in the morning, having no concept on how to get off the island called Manhattan. After searching a map with a magnifier for a little unknown Ave called Meserole, he drops me at my destination unscathed and rather un-sober. But not before hearing my testimony.
The next morning, my host gets a phone call from the cabbie, he has my phone. I tell him, he makes me want to read the Koran.

Today, I mistakenly drop my cell in the streets somewhere between Broadway and Bleeker at the end of a four corners of Manhattan mule race of a day. I retrace my steps in the dark. In my knee high stilettos. Venture into countless storefronts with a look of hopeful desperation. Finally I painfully walk to my husband's work with tears in my eyes....Defeated, I call my number.
My dear friend's voice answers, "It's me."
Do What?
Apparently she had returned my call and the angel in disguise that discovered my little piece of can't live without, hand delivered it to my girlfriend's apartment.

What a city!! And a running start towards peace on Earth and good will to man.

How's that for a miracle?

No comments:

Post a Comment