Monday, January 4, 2010

Are You There God?

"Pay attention, Job, and listen to me; be silent, and I will speak. If you have anything to say, answer me; speak up, for I want you to be cleared. But if not, then listen to me; be silent, and I will teach you wisdom." Job 33:31-33

What a nation.. My blog has been generating Public Service Announcements because I have not filled out a W-9 so they can take pennies off the dimes I'm making on standard ads....Four dollars in NY taxes on my Croque Monsieur and Cote Du Rhone, I should have just bought the street meat...but aye my taste.
My point is, tax me on what I choose to consume...NOT WHAT I PRODUCE! (or have I said that before?)

What does God want from us?

Or as Larry Gopnick (a Cohen brothers 60's adaptation of Job) asks, "Why does God field the questions, if he isn't going to answer them."
Joel and Ethan Cohen's latest film, A Serious Man does not give an argument for atheism but Judaism quite possibly....
In the protagonist's quest to answer why life's inconveniences are spiraling into miseries, we as viewers are prompted to ask the same questions.
There is no rhyme or reason or reality in controlling the forces of our own Universe.
Examining human existence and making sense of it is a futile exercise unless we give homage to a greater power and His design.
If we don't do that, Life is indeed what they are eluding to...meaningless.

---Oh, prayer is the number Faith is the exchange Heaven is the street And Jesus is his name Oh, operator, information Please give me Jesus on the line....---MT

Who you gonna call?

No comments:

Post a Comment