Monday, January 11, 2010

Support the Arts

"It is better that you should not vow than that you should vow and not pay." Ecclesiastes 5:5

Knob Creek A'Knockin...

Widespread production companies are taking an extended vacation..except for the machine Law and Order and I cannot do another SVU, Scorsese's Boardwalk Empire says I'm too blond. Sex and the City 2 says I'm too straight.

After setting up a horrendously unacceptable payment plan with the despicable IRS with a woman who resisted in divulging her first name....
Finagling Card Services to bring me down to the three digit monthly arrangement with a humane two digit interest rate.....
Asking my landlord to ease up on the confrontational emails and refrain from raising rent....
Determining how far removed my husbands diploma is from his school loan balance....
Telling my litigation lawyers what they are charging me for the chump change they're gaining is a fat slimy loogey in the face....And deciding I have a meager $200 every thirty days to spend on myself on an extravagant whim.....
I am forced to look at New York City's cost of living without my rose colored glasses.

Then I shrug my shoulders and drop a mouthful chunk on postcards to send to casting agents, reminding them that I exist....

"I guess i'm learning
I must be warmer now..
I'll soon be turning, round the corner now.
Outside the dawn is breaking,
But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free!

The Show must go on!
The Show must go on!
Ooh! Inside my heart is breaking!
My make-up may be flaking...
But my smile, still, stays on!" QUEEN


Do you contently sing HI-HO or begrudgingly sneer I OWE?

**My ads are back.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, It does kind of feel like the production world stopped right before Christmas.
    I'm doing Boardwalk tomorrow. My first job since Dec 14 (same show).
    But this will be the 5th time in 3 month and I'm thinking that are going to get tired of looking at me.
    And I've been to housing court this month and am going back in Feb.
    I kind of avoid Law & Order, but submit for SVU.
    I hear there is a big Men in Black thing coming that will probably need people standing around in the street.
    Anyway, hold tight!

    ReplyDelete