Friday, January 22, 2010

Him in the Morning, Him in the Evening, Him at Suppertime

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Proverbs 29:18

"Loneliness is not the absence of affection, but the absence of direction. "Unknown

I wasn't sure if I should continue. But a Columbia University study tells me that writing everyday fosters the continuity of brain function, enables my thought process to operate differently than others, and stimulates growth while generating ideas for further writing....
But a year old blog begs the question...what is it about?

Two quotes made me want to carry on this path today....

"Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia." E.L. Doctorow

"Forever, You are the God of my story, I Write every line for Your glory." Todd Fields

Both of these affirm my purpose.And when I question my purpose, I question His plans for me.

A New York pastor told me tonight at a Friday night happy hour, "Your thoughts carve your path to your future, where do you fix your focus?" Which reminded me of a Biblical story:

"As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped. "Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you." But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me." Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."Luke 8:43-48

She feasted her eyes not on her problem, but on Jesus. And that made all the difference.

One flesh one bone
One true religion
One voice one hope
One real decision
Wowowowo gimme one vision...The only Freddy Mercury

Are you planning your defeats or triumphs in the powerful mind of yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment