Saturday, January 2, 2010

Path of Least Resistance

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. Titus 2:11-12

Brooklyn Pool Hall Murder is the city's 5th of the year...read The Post's headline...Apparently the gunman was not resolved to self control and compassion in the new.

Forgive me. But I ask the Lord to search my heart continuously and remove anything that is standing in the way of me coming to him in every way. If one more person uses the pathetic excuse to dismiss my faith that "Religion causes more hate and horror in this world," instead of it just being the self serving evil in huMAN'S heart, then I might do a little popping off myself.

Word to the wise: You can't hear His voice if you don't know who He is...

Back in the city after a head strong train ride through the driving snow...and while Grand Central resembled a largely populated river with eddy's and stagnant spots, I found the rushing jet stream current which picked me up and rushed me in a zig zag motion past the remaining light lookers in their tennis shoes and into the pulsating heartbeat of a city that isn't phased by a new decade.

Caught my breath.

I will now do the once before unthinkable and (embarrassingly) finish the last chapter of Twilight, despite agreeing with Stephen King that Stephanie Meyer is not a good writer but created a compelling character.
All this before I drift and awake to my last day off....

A friend of mine told me I let God have it both ways....when bad things happen, I condemn my actions. When good times occur, I thank Him profusely....

Tell me, who is responsible?




No comments:

Post a Comment