Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just The Facts

"Give us each day our daily bread." Luke 11:23

I know the Bible tells me that people will soon hate me because I speak His glorious name, but dag nabbit..I can't stop....

"Soulshine, Better than Sunshine, Better than Moonshine, Damn sure better than rain...Gotta let your soul shine." Gov't Mule

Can you feel with me a moment, the exhilaration of drinking my morning fuel, when the familiar face of a dear friend since 11 and her mini-me with bangs calling my name, appear on the computer screen their Montana morning. The blazing memories come rushing back like a downhill stream. And I witness just how far we've come on our own and together....
Crazy Sexy Cool Skype Y'all!

Either more people are going to work in the New Year or winter jackets are now taking up twice the room. I must have had a hand on every inch of my lower half this morning...thank goodness none of them were open palm. With the chance of getting groped on the high end, my chance for getting an elbow up would be slim...Thoughtfully, everyone behaved.

As I worried about my fever blister that reared its fierce head at the END of my vacation, I took a quick glance at the women rushing about me in their Juicy Couture on Columbus Ave. My observation told me there was enough collagen gone awry on the Upper West Side, I didn't have to feel so bad about my ballooned lips.

Just a thought...remember that abominable landscape I spoke up? Maybe if we ended the War on Drugs, the Afghani's could grow their poppies in peace.

Thank God, every Christian doesn't agree with me. Word from our Father, they don't have to...

My moderate commute home on Avenue A became increasingly danger filled as I dodged the linebacker woman in head to toe black, outside of our local East Village Saloon called Doc Holiday's spitting on the sidewalk and screaming "You're a fucking psycho, I won't be your cowgirl bitch anymore."

Is there an underlying want and need for morality again? (hard to gauge) Everyone is in search of solace. Is the pendulum anticipating a huge swing back toward down home values and innocent pursuits?
Now slow down with me, let me pour two fingers of goodness and ask the real question...

Could purity become popular again?

No comments:

Post a Comment