Sunday, January 10, 2010

White Bread World

"Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.” John 7:24

You don't know anything about a person's life...by their exterior.
Recently aggravated by a stuffy crew member on Rescue Me who said there is no way I could know about Public Enemy, I was tempted to deck him with the overstuffed blunts I smoked in the inner city parks of Atlanta....

My family life has all the makings of a mini-series drama.
Judging by the ravenous public who consumes scandal and devours downfalls...it isn't a wonder what I should be writing about. Yet, my course of action is to do what my Lord and Savior tells me to do and that is be a distributor of the gospel. Which is the good news.....
That doesn't lend much leeway to discussing deception, divorce, indiscretions, denial, debutantes and more.
I'm saving that for when I backslide....

My job description took on another element as my assignment for the day was to shop the Upper East Side playground...Madison Avenue on someone else's dime.
First stop, Hermes. Now for the reader that doesn't know this Parisian boutique, a porcelain candy dish runs you $600 and an H clad beach towel starts at $500. I arrived before noon, to the four story designer duds absolutely full with fur wearing, boot donning, diamond dripping luxury living women. Women my age.
As I observed gold cards pushed across marble counters, four thousand dollar receipts signed, cashmere baby blankets in all colors bought, and a statuesque beauty queen with an entourage exclaim she just made a second 10K Birkin bag purchase because she couldn't make up her mind on calfskin or goat leather....
Sure envy and jealousy reared their heads. But pity quickly took over. For I was sure the next on their suede agendas was lunch. What a vacuous life!

Is this all? Or is this all I perceived?

No comments:

Post a Comment