Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nearly Ripe

"He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." John 15:2

My Report Card.
One year and counting....

Took a chance on love.

Fell Hard.

Ate pizza out of the trash.

Panicked.

Followed my heart with a mind of her own.

Signed up to be treated like cattle as background blurs. Loved it....

Slept on a loveseat.

Signed a year freelance writing contract for Scholastic Publishing.

Cashed my first New York paycheck with New York State taxes.

Let Lady Liberty's light shine on my worst and my best.

Endured my roommates racous living room romps for the sake of New York City.

Clapped for the Best in Show at Westminster.

Spent a long night at the Waldorf Astoria..standing up.

Thought I lost love.

Walked these lonely streets amongst millions.

Mixed drinks at fashion parties.

Found my missing passion.

Personally Assisted.

Worked at designer department store Barneys, and was treated like a mutant.

Counted my pennies.

Worshiped the Lord at Yankee Stadium...and churches across the city.

Published my first Christian article on Examiner.

Auditioned. Rejected. Called Back. Accepted.

Sang show tunes in bars, bedrooms, and on Broadway.

Reunited with my love in the Wild, Wild East Village.

Rocked the Upper west club with City by the Bay Boy Michael Franti.

Felt old.

Danced, Danced, Danced.

Shook the right hand of Matt Damon, smiled at Julia Roberts, flirted with Mark Whalberg, sang with Ice-T, dined with Leonardo DiCaprio, hugged Gerard Butler, marveled at Michael Douglas, and brushed against Meryl Streep.

Chased Fame.

Took the hard shun by gay bartenders.

Second guessed my purpose.

Watched a few sunsets over the Hudson and one sunrise on the East River.

Joined a union.

Saw myself on Prime Time.

Braved the crowds to watch the balloons.

Drank. Ate. Then ate again.

Wrote 366 Blog Posts.

Loved the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my might.

And tonight, I slipped on my cowboys boots, gave homage to my southern roots, and tapped my toes to some mean Bluegrass hymns at Banjo Jims.

How's that for a growing season?



**Thanks for reading.

***Conan O'Brien is making history.

No comments:

Post a Comment