Monday, January 25, 2010

Between the Ears

"Your eyes will see strange sights and your mind imagine confusing things." Proverbs 23:33

Oh My God...I am wandering aimlessly.
I took to Chinatown's epicenter for a helping of stimuli madness. Somewhere between the cooked duck hanging from their necks and crabs running for their lives over sneakers on the market floors, it worked..

The all too prevalent act of infidelity has momentarily derailed my life and I am back to the drawing board....in search of honest income. (Scorcese is offering $850 a day for nudity)

Do you know when a person is recalling stored information, they shift their eyes to the right?
When they are fabricating escape holes to get them out of the tight spot, their eyes look left?

Just a private dick tip. And a surefire way to make your mind wander and wonder.

New York City in late January is not the most desirable location to shoot television and film. In fact it is a cold dead calm. Or this is the white lie lullaby I use to soothe myself over my quiet phone.

Casting agents are in search of a certain look. If you possess that look. You better have a monologue memorized to recite on the spot. Or your look is worth shit.

Here is my choice:

TRUDY: Here we are standing on the corner of "Walk, Don't Walk." You look away form me, trying not to catch my eye, but you didn't turn fast enough, did you?
I know what you're thinkin'; You're thinkin' I'm crazy. You think I give a hoot? You people look at my shopping bags, call me crazy 'cause I collect this junk. What should we call the ones who buy it?
It's my belief we all, one time or another secretly ask ourselves the question, "Am I crazy?" In my case the answer came back: A resounding YES!
The symptoms are subtle but unmistakable to the trained eye. For instance, here I am standing at the corner of "walk, don't walk" waiting for these aliens from outer space to show up. I call that crazy don't you? if I were sane, I should be waiting for the light like everyone else.
They're late, as usual.
You'd think, as much as they know about time travel, they could be on time once in a while.
I could kick myself. I told them I'd meet 'em on the corner of "walk, Dont walk" 'round lunchtime. Do they even know what lunch means? I doubt it.
When they get here they'll probably dying to know what "lunchtime" means and when they find out it means going to Howard Johnson's for fried clams, I wonder, will they be a bit let down?
I dread having to explain tartar sauce.

Lilly Tomlin- Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe

Were you expecting something more sane?

No comments:

Post a Comment