Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Giving Love A Bad Name

"...For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience?" 1 Corinthians 10:29

Cattle's snot frozen to their snouts.
Omaha's snow removal budget exhausted.
Homeless in boggy Louisiana dying from exposure.
Atlanta's water mains busting in the freeze.
Orangutans wrapping themselves with burlap in south Florida.
Global Warming?

New York City's cross lights show Walk/Don't Walk simultaneously.
This is a disaster....

It's no wonder people crawl into a hole with contempt or scream offensively loud when approached about religion. After a perfectly marvelous day in the life of high end design and a refined "entertaining" lunch on 5th Avenue of steak tar tar, authentic clove sausage and baba ganoush amongst the more than charming french speaking Lebanese carpet vendor..My space on the bench is casually encroached by a beautiful, yet subtle blond beauty as I wait for the downtown train.
She smells faintly of a stale floral Bath and Body Works lotion. And seems harmless.

"I wanted to ask you a question...has anyone ever shown you that the Image of God is a woman?

Oh droll...Not again.

I clutch my purse as I give her the warmest smile I can muster. I explain that yes, I have an uncomfortable memory of being cornered by her kind once before. I am a Believer in The Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit. I do not embrace what they believe, but appreciate the fellowship. As the C Train breezes into the station, she rises, appalled, tells me how wrong I am to not believe scripture and maybe I should read the Bible sometime....it would do me a world of good.
With that...the doors closed behind her.

Here's the issue...and I quote Franti again, one man's got a jet fighter, one man's got a song. Nobody Right. Nobody Wrong.
You can not win favor, earn trust, gain souls, or own hearts if you are in the position of condemnation.

Hey NYC Cult.."I'll worry about me, you just worry about you. I'll believe what I believe, you can believe what you believe too..." Montgomery Gentry

On a side note....
Why are all the Democrats quitting??

No comments:

Post a Comment