Monday, March 1, 2010

Allegro

"Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge." Psalm 119:54

The Public Theater is showcasing staged readings from their emerging writers group; Two months of spotlighting these diverse, talented and articulate playwrights in the beginning stages of their careers...Tonight's opening reading, Plucker,by Alena Smith.
Fantastic dialogue encompassing the age old farce of yet another generation grappling with love, commitment, career, and co-habitation.

After working a full eight hour day uptown, rushing to SOHO for my "stress expert" audition for the Onion News Network, and barely making curtain call after introductions of my girlfriend acquaintances, I found myself peeling off layers and becoming soothingly captivated with the lead actress standing center stage...

A just turned (gasp) thirty year old musician making a metaphor of life and composition.
Not knowing the structure of the piece but having to write it as you go...Each decision a note, each regret a sharp, each failure a flat, each choice a melody, each success a guitar riff.
Every move you make a vibration in your tune. And the mystery of how that song will play out...

I want my life symphony sounds to be more like a rock opera.

With the fast passing of February, National Marijuana Awareness Month, to my birth month March roaring in like a lion, I've deemed my resounding theme for the next 31 days to be "No Sleep Til' April....
And here's some Brooklynites to sing along and help keep my nose to the pavement journey.


Are you wide awake enough to dodge or dominate what life throws at you?

No comments:

Post a Comment